Very busy day today not spent organizing (yet! πŸ˜€), but started to go through the files last night and ended up with stacks totaling ~2 1/2 ft. high for scanning ... way too much! 😱 Later I realized that I could probably reduce that amount by half if I tried harder, so that's what I'm going to do today. I have many, many years of tax returns that I just will have to hunker down and scan, but I'm hoping I can make more headway on the other paper. Also, today I brought two large bags of old silver-plated platters that my grandmother gave to me (and that I've never used) to a silver-buying event, hoping to get rid of it. Unfortunately, the buyer wasn't interested in them because they were all silver-plated, not actual silver. He suggested donating them to Goodwill, but I might try selling them on eBay, since there seems to be a decent market for silver-plated trays there. On the other hand, if I never get around to doing that, I would have been better off just donating them! 😊 The best tip I've heard for how to deal with things you think have monetary value and want to sell is from The Minimalists, who suggest listing the items on sites like Craigslist or eBay and then, if they don't sell within a week, lowering the price, and if they still haven't sold after a month, donating them. I think I need that kind of deadline! 😜

Posted by Dreamer at 2022-03-25 20:59:54 UTC