Groceries are expensive. But fast food is even more expensive than groceries! I know that there are many different ways to do this. And I know that a lot of you guys might do something like instacart to get your groceries delivered. I have heard Lisa mention this app a couple of times. The app is called any list. There are other “meal planning/ grocery shopping” apps out there besides this one. I watched a lot of YouTube videos about all of the different meal planning/ grocery shopping list apps before I decided that this one was a good fit for our family. I pay $10 a year for this app for it to be more useful but you can get the app for free. Even though I finished organizing my kitchen through the productive home solution- And I was no longer an unorganized hot mess who bought way too much food. 😂😂😂 I realized that I was going to the grocery store like 5 times a week still. So basically I was wasting a lot of time by not making a proper grocery shopping list with everything that we need for one week. And! Once I actually got to the grocery store I was wandering around like a chicken with my head cut off because I did not have a clear path in mind of what aisle #\ section of the grocery store stuff was in. Obviously stuff in the produce department is pretty easy But it is all of the cans & boxes part of the store that I was really getting lost on & wasting time trying to find stuff. It took me a while to figure this out, and it has taken a long time to get this all typed into the app, but I can actually put the aisle number of each thing that I normally buy into my any list app! My grocery shopping trips are almost once a week now so this has really helped me! The main thing about this tip is that it is not for everyone. If you are using instacart & you love it- stick with instacart. If someone else in your family does the shopping, then stick with that! If you want a ton of variety- there are other grocery shopping/ meal planning apps out there. Or if you just love writing your list on a piece of paper then stick with whatever works for you!

Posted by katieb at 2024-03-12 16:54:35 UTC